Long term project with well respected International manufacturer. Potential to convert to perm!
Seeking a .NET developer with expertise in .NET, COM, WinForms, .NET WebAPI and C# to create new Windows executables and DLLs, Windows services, and WebAPI applications. If your knowledge of .NET on Windows extends beyond the basics and includes topics like multi-threading, WAN and LAN Network programming, Windows services, and database interfaces, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Your primary responsibilities include creating, modifying, and maintaining libraries and multi-tier GUI applications that integrate with on-premise and cloud based management systems using a combination of C#, WebAPI, ODBC or other database interface technologies, and SQL Server or other database technologies. An ability to comprehend Delphi (though not write it) is helpful but not required in order to understand existing code intended for migration to .NET.
- Create, extend and maintain Windows executables, DLLS, and Windows services using C# and Microsoft .NET
- Create high quality, multi-threaded C# networking code that can run in the background.
- Write database query code using SQL / T- SQL and read/write from C# using ADO.NET and ODBC.
- Create server side data centric applications using C#, .NET, WebAPI, and IIS7+ / .NET Core.
- Write C# code that reads and writes a variety of formats including HTTP, XML, and JSON.
- Help convert existing Delphi code to C#.
- Maintain high quality code using proper error handling, comments, core reviews, and occasional pairing.
- Check work for defects prior to releasing to QA.
- Submit pull requests, handle merges, and help facilitate software releases.
- Troubleshoot and own defects identified by the QA and customer teams.
- Work with other team members to understand existing code bases and help migrate them from Delphi to .NET.
- Manage work in progress using the agreed upon ticketing system.
- Mid-Sr. level experience with Microsoft .NET development focused on Windows (Services, Win Forms, and COM)
- Mid-Sr. level experience creating server side applications using .NET, IIS, and WebAPI.
- Mid-Sr. level experience interoperating with SQL Server and reading / writing from databases using ADO.NET
- Good experience writing server side WebAPI code using Microsoft .NET.
- Good experience querying SQL Server
- Experience with GIT or comparable source control management system
- Expertise with SQL / T-SQL, RDBMS concepts and development using relational databases, with special emphasis on SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge of COM, ODBC, and ADO.
- Experience with Delphi preferred.
RedRiver offers benefits including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and 401k. More positions @: http://redriversystems.com/jobs/#/jobs RedRiver Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.