DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless.
- Work with internal stakeholders and partners, guiding them through planning, prioritization, and delivery of automated life cycle management processes
- Develop solutions in the areas of CI/CD processes, infrastructure as code, end to end automation covering all domains/aspects of the 5G network
- Build solutions using cloud native technologies and modern software development practices
- Create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and reusable artifacts
- Build and develop automation for all parts of network and platform automation along with Core, RAN, Transport, data center and infrastructure in a hybrid cloud environment
- Develop & architect EMS systems for 5G network
- Develop and architect network & service orchestration using Cloud Native, ETSI MANO, 3GPP fundamentals and principles
- Drive prioritization of operational issues, and drive automation design and scaling requirements in support of the wider organization
- Develop and design DISH end to end automation architecture with key building blocks for Day 0, Day 1 and Day 2 Stages of the network
- VMware Harbor Registry, GitLab (CI tool), GitRunner, Jfrog Artifactory, AWS S3, VMware TCA (as deployment tool for CNFs), HashiCorp Vault; testing tools that will be invoked by CI/CD (Spirent - for E2E 5G Core, IXIA - RAN/user simulator)
- Experience implementing CI/CD using DevOps methodology (design, deploy, optimize)
- CSAR (TOSCA) Templates, CNF, VNF, Docker Images, Smoke Tests, Helm Charts v3, PNF (binary format files) Git running on AWS S3 JFrog Artifactory.PNF (RU binaries) & FTP server
- Automating real-world production environments (using Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, API GW)
- Infrastructure as a code development (CloudFormation or Terraform)
- Containers (Docker, K8S, ECS, Fargate)
- IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling
- Scripting languages (Powershell, Python, Bash)
- Proven working and deployment experience in automation, orchestration in 5G/4G wireless networks
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP, ORAN, TMF, ONAP, 5G forums & technologies
- Deep understanding of the role of SDN_C & Element management Systems in the wireless networks
- Proven record of successful automation project delivery
- Good understanding of software engineering best practices such as code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release, and change management
- DevOps attitude- - this is about culture, not only tooling
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience with Kubernetes (K8), VMware, OpenStack or Cloud platforms desirable
- Post graduate degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Public cloud experience and certifications (Certified Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer)
- Experience with back-end technologies for web applications/APIs
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring infrastructure (ELK, Datadog, New Relic)
- Experience with automated testing tools (Selenium, JMeter)
- Experience designing and building highly available, resilient, large-scale, distributed systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and automated disaster recovery
- Linux and Windows-based systems administration in cloud or virtualized environment
- Any coding experience in Python, R, Scala, Java, or C++
Compensation: $108,800.00/Yr. - $164,400.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.