Currently seeking an experienced Data Scientist - Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer with 10+ years of experience working with industrial machines
(not numbers), for a new High Tech Start-up in Fort Wayne, IN. These Artificial Intelligence Scientists and Engineers are needed for developing, programming, and training machine vision based convolutional neural networks. This role requires combined expertise in software development, programming, data science and data engineering. Developers locate and pull data from a variety of sources, create, develop and test machine learning models and then utilize application program interface (API) calls or embedded code to build and implement machine vision-based AI applications. The relevant areas of machine vision include image processing, filters, object detection and classification; unsupervised and supervised machine learning for real time applications implemented in both c++, CUDA, and python. Programming with concurrency and multi-threading, such as those found in autonomous robotics, is needed for this type of work. Core Competencies include: Machine vision with artificial intelligence, Real-time machine control, and Industrial machine control. May consider Remote if the right experience.
Data Scientist - Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting with managers to determine the company's AI needs.
- Developing novel neural network architectures
- Loading disparate data sets and conducting pre-processing services
- Finalizing the scope of the system and delivering AI solutions.
- Managing the communications between real time data gathering, storage and AI processing
- Collaborating with the software research and development teams.
- Maintaining production systems.
- Training staff on data resource management.
Data Scientist - Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer Qualifications:
- Doctor of Philosophy, Bachelor's in Computer Science preferred; may consider 15+ years of hands-on experience and Masters degree.
- 10+ yrs Hands-on working knowledge with multiple machine vision AI frameworks using existing neural network architectures in addition to creating novel architectures
- 10+ yrs Hand on Experience integrating these architectures into real time platforms with user interfaces and industrial automation
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Must be able to translate project needs into functional software
- Strong aptitude in math and physics
- Ability to think outside the box
- Excellent engineering reading and writing skills
- Use of related softwares such as; C++, Python, CUDA, opencv, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Docker, Windows, Ubuntu, SQL, profiling software, pillow, ImageJ, Keras, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, Matplotlib, NVIDIA, Jupyter Notebook, Anaconda, pip, TensorBoard
- Experience with designing commercial or industrial products
- Diligence in Engineering Design Principles, Commitment to meeting deadlines
Data Scientist - Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer Benefits:
Candidates that have only natural language processing, speech recognition, recommendation systems, cloud computing, finance and/or advertising are not qualified.
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical Reimbursement
- Short-term Disability
- Paid Vacation