Please note I have direct access to the Hiring VP of Security on this position.
Compensation: Base Salary + Bonus: 15%
Telecommuting: 1-2 days/week
Position also available in Des Moines, IA.
Within 2 months of accepting an offer, will be required to relocate.
This is an outstanding opportunity that will allow the candidate perform a ground up design, deployment and management of an AWS Security Architecture in a highly visible position within an exceptional company. If desired, you will be exposed to Azure Security as well.
We are a leading Financial Services Company in its niche is looking for a Sr. AWS Cloud Security Engineer. The company has been in business for 14+ years, is publicly traded, is backed by a large global financial services company, has 1300 employees, has $183 Billion in Assets, $2.2 Billion in Net Income, has been voted Top Workplace 6 years running, Gold Level LEED Certified facility and is a highly philanthropic institution ($1.4+ million in donations for 2021).
The Sr. AWS Cloud Security Engineer will be part of an enterprise security team and will be responsible for leading the design, build out, implementation and management of an enterprise AWS security infrastructure. Specifically, the Sr. AWS Cloud Security Engineer will:
- Perform an overall assessment of the company’s extremely high-volume mission critical products, supporting platforms, existing on premise infrastructure, networks, data storage and web applications to gain an understanding of the environment as a basis for the design of the AWS Security Architecture.
- Configure, deploy and manage AWS Security Services such as AWS WAF, AWS Advanced Shield, AWS Security Hub, AWS Macie, AWS Guard Duty, AWS KMS, AWS Secrets Manager and any other necessary AWS Security Services
- Write scripts (Python, Go, etc.) for achieving security goals such as security tooling, automation, deployment of AWS services, etc. Note: This is not a development role; scripting only for security purposes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for AWS Cloud Security during development of AWS Cloud Security strategies and new AWS Service deployments. Research, stay abreast of and implement all applicable new AWS Cloud Security Service provider offerings and industry emerging trends.
- Closely interact with Cloud Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Engineering Teams (12 Teams of 125 Python and Java Developers), SRE Team (Linux), Database Teams (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aurora, Redis) and Executive Management
The Sr. AWS Cloud Security Engineer will report directly to the VP of Security
- Must have 2-3+ years’ experience as an AWS Security Engineer
- Must have experience implementing, configuring and managing one or more of the following AWS Security Services: AWS WAF, AWS Advanced Shield, AWS Security Hub, AWS Macie, AWS Guard Duty, AWS KMS, AWS Secrets Manager
- Knowledge and/or hands on experience with any of the following security areas are only a plus: NOT Mandatory: Endpoint Protection, IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems), IPS, SIEM, Vulnerability Management Assessments, DLP/DLS, Azure, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible or Kubernetes. Again, these are only a plus and NOT mandatory
The company offers matching 401K, 3 Weeks PTO/Vacation, flexible time off, full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, Parental Leave, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Programs, Dependent Care FSA, Legal Support, extremely casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.