Cloud Engineering - Sr. Solution Specialist - USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced (AWS DevOps Engineer) you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• Consult with clients on the system design of AWS environments
• Create, implement, and manage the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
• Monitor and maintain multiple (DevOps) environments based on client requirements
• Responsible for the configuration and setup of backups as well as setup automated AWS patching for Windows and Linux platforms
• Lead program optimization to work within constructs of an AWS environment
• Manage system migrations and system upgrades to create and deploy new cloud environments
• Mentor and guide junior level resources on the team
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed
• Bachelor of Science in computer related field or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of experience with planning, and implementing AWS Cloud environments
• Demonstrated experience in Windows Active Directory design and implementation across AWS cloud environments
• Strong Experience with designing and deploying AWS Services like Elastic Compute (EC2), Storages (S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier and AWS Storage Gateway) and RDS
• Demonstrated experience in AWS storage encryption, data at rest, and data in transit
• AWS Management Services experience (CloudWatch, ELB, EC2 autoscaling, CloudTrail and AWS Config), AWS workspaces, and AWS directory Services
• Leading development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
• Experience with Security- IAM, Active Directory, Centrify, MFA, McAfee AV, Tenable/Nessus, Trend Micro, Splunk, STIG Hardening Hands on experience with DevOps/Automation tools including AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, Git Setup High Availability and DR environments in AWS
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available .
• AWS Certification
• Active Security Clearance
• Experience with previous Cloud Migrations
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.