Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Director of Engineering on this position.
The industry leading social media planning company is looking for Sr. and Mid-Level Python Engineers. The company has been in business for 10+ years, has 100+ employees, has 100+ million users and is owned by an extremely large Media Company that has $7+ Billion in Sales and $1+Billion in Income. The company has been voted in the top 10 of the Best Places to Work in the Los Angeles area.
The Sr. and Mid-Level Front-End Engineers will join a team that is passionate about developing simple yet elegant user experiences. The Sr. and Mid-Level Front-End Engineers will:
- Partner with an established UI/UX Design Team in order to translate designs into a quality user experience.
- Play a crucial role in new development and enhancements of the front end for a high volume digital platform for the social industry that handles 100+ million users and 20+K hits/hour
The company offers full benefits (PPO & HMO) including dental and vision, matching 401K, 3 weeks of vacation, 8 paid sick/personal days, flexible time off, gym membership subsidization, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Programs, extremely casual dress and flexible work hours that all start upon employment.
- MUST HAVE 1-5+ most recent years’ experience focusing on Front End UI Development
- MUST have experience developing the Front end for large high-volume customer facing products, software, sites and/or systems
- Expert with HTML 4/5 and CSS 2/3
- MUST be able to employ front end optimization techniques to resolve performance and rendering issues
- This is an outstanding opportunity for a Front-End Engineer to build and/or enhance their experience building new UI experiences from the ground up; including experience in a Cloud environment (previous experience with the Cloud not mandatory). The Front-End Engineer will advance their skill set in an environment which promotes sharing, collaboration, growth, and professionalism. The Hiring Director of Engineering, CTO and the company have an established reputation for allowing Engineers to progress their careers at aggressive paces and to be exposed to new, complex and progressive technologies.
- The Sr. Front End Engineers will be responsible for reviewing prototypes from wireframes and mockups and work alongside Product Managers and UX Architects and Designers to develop the customer user experience of brand new products.
- The Sr. Front End Engineers report directly to the Director of Engineering
Experience with any of the following are only a Plus (NOT mandatory):
- ES6 or EMCAScript or ES2015
- CSS precompilers such as SASS, Stylus and LESS
- Front end optimization techniques to resolve performance and rendering issues (HTTP Profiling, PageSpeed, bundling, code minification, etc.)
- Experience with general UI template libraries (Handlebars, Mustache, etc.) a plus
- Experience working within an Agile, TDD, BDD or similar development environment
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc.) environment
- Experience in a Cloud Development environment is a plus
- A/B Testing
- Experience with build automation or Source Control tools: GIT, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- BS and/or MS in CS, Engineering, Math, Physics or equivalent is a plus