Comtech is an IT provider focused on delivering end-to-end technical solutions and products. Since 1998, we have successfully serviced enterprises across multiple markets, including the public and private sectors and the Department of Defense. Our services span all aspects of business, providing a holistic approach for managing an organization. We have accredited certifications, which include CMM Level 3, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 (Corporate ITIL Service Delivery), ISO 27001:2005 (Corporate Security), and ISO 9001-2008 (Corporate Quality). Comtech aims to deliver value to our customers through three key attributes: Innovation, Transformation, and Information. Comtech believes that our solutions and products should focus on resolving everyday problems and enabling simplicity. We are committed to providing technical innovations and tools that empower organizations with critical information to facilitate decision-making that result in business transformation through cost savings and increased operational efficiency. Our commitment to quality is adopted throughout the organization and sets the foundation for delivering our full suite of capabilities. Comtech develops and implements methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 6+ months (possible extension)
Job Category: Sr. Ab Initio Data Integration (ETL) Engineer
1. 5+ years of experience of hands-on work designing and implementing data integration solutions for data warehouse and business intelligence systems
2. 5+ years using, configuring, and tuning industry leading ETL software tools in data intensive, large scale environments.
3. 3+ years hands-on design, development and support experience with the Ab Initio product suite using GDE, Co>Operating System and EME. Experience in any of the following is desired: Query>It, Conduct>It, Express>It, Continuous flows, Metadata Hub.
4. 3+ years hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux environment, with proficiency in Unix shell scripting (Korn, Bourne, Awk, Sed, etc.)
5. 3+ years hands-on experience with scheduling tools, preferably, Control-M
6. Strong SQL
7. Strong ability to effectively communicate (oral presentation) concrete concepts to a variety of stakeholders across business and information technology organizations in a formal and informal manner.
8. Strong writing skills including attention to metadata and definitional detail as well as ability to visually depict concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
9. Proven ability to work closely with others, to work through design challenges, and to solve problems.
10. Proven ability to work both independently and in groups as a self-motivated and highly engaged contributor.
11. 1+ years of experience with database management and Big Data technology, preferably including Cloudera and IBM DB2.
12. 1+ years of experience working with Health Insurance (Payer) organizations or a highly related field including knowledge of Health Level-7 (HL7) and / or related Claims, Enrollment, and Benefits Administration industry data models / taxonomies is preferred (not required).