Job#: 1268857 Job Description:
Apex System's client is re-defining the fleet management industry to be people first, then business - delivering on their promise of a superior client experience. This takes hard work and innovation, and we need more like-minded people on their team.What We Need
We are looking for a Senior Accountant. As the largest pure-play fleet manager in the world, our client provides unmatched products and services and solutions to their clients.
As the Senior Accountant, you will verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions. You will support month-end and year-end close processes.A Day in the Life
- Analyzes, summarizes and presents financial information to senior managers.
- Produces error-free accounting reports and present results.
- Participates in setting financial standards and in internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plans, assigns and reviews work of Staff Accountants/II.
- Develops and documents business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures to maximize efficiency and save costs.
- Other duties as assigned, including special projects.
What's In It For You
- BA/BS degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field of study
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive accounting experience, including the month-end/year-end close process.
- Public accounting (Big 4) experience preferred.
- Experience with general ledger functions and creating financial statements.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook). Advanced proficiency in Excel and Access. Accounting software
- Ability to work hybrid schedule from our Sparks, MD office (Wednesdays and Thursdays)
- A culture of innovation, empowerment, decision-making, and accountability
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits that serve the needs of you and your family and foster a culture of wellness
- Additional benefits and amenities, including paid time-off programs (vacation, sick leave, and holidays)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at