In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.Responsibilities
The selected candidate will provide operational, technical leadership, consultation, and subject-matter expertise in applying Forward Air Control (FAC) and Joint Terminal Attack Control (JTAC) concepts to conduct Space Domain Awareness (SDA) and Defensive Space Control (DSC) operations.Key Functions
- The candidate will work with organizations from the Space Force (SF), United States Space Command, the National Space Defense Center (NSDC), the Combined Space Operations Center (CSPOC), the 18th Space Control Squadron and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).
- In addition, the candidate will provide technical expertise, systems engineering and trusted counsel to the government leadership and customers. Recommend improvements across Defensive and Offensive Space Control (DSC and OSC), and SDA mission areas to pivot SDA toward the threat.
- Serve as a liaison to Aerospace personnel and reach back to subject-matter experts.
- Prepare technical reports, briefings, and other materials as required.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or natural sciences from a recognized institution (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience) with twelve or more years of relevant experience.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- A strong technical and operational background with experience in forwarding air control, terminal attack and combat control.
- A background in space command or North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) activities or systems is preferred.
- Experience with a variety of air combat and Situational Awareness (SA) systems, architectures, systems engineering, requirements development or evaluation, system acquisition/programming, wargaming, exercise support and operational experiments is strongly desired.
- Familiarity with organizational structure and roles and responsibilities of the DOD and IC in relation to operations functionality is desired.
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal communication and briefing skills along with demonstrated ability to work independently and interact effectively with high-level government, Aerospace and contractor personnel.
- Some travel is required.
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
$1 - $240 - $480Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement