Position: Android Developer (Jr + Sr openings available) Location: REMOTE Length: 12 Months + Rate: Up to $75/Hour Qualifications:
Send your resume in MS Word format to if interested
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of proven experience in Android application development.
- Deep understanding of the Android framework.
- A strong background implementing MVVM architecture in Android applications.
- Familiarity with third-party libraries such as RxJava, Dagger and Retrofit.
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs with Android applications.
- Comfortable working in a team environment following the Agile methodology.
- Understands Android UX and works closely with the design team to ensure UI designs are aligned with the current Android UI guidelines.
- Proficient in writing Kotlin code for all new development.
- Interest and ability to learn different technology stacks as needed.
- Understands how to mock and provide end to end coverage for API components.
- Has experience working with large code bases, working with a shared REST API library, and writing unit tests.
- Adept at creating rich user interactions using Jetpack components like navigation and transitions.
- Experience with offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance optimization.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or