We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Farmers insurance Mobile team is looking for a Mid/ Senior Android developer to lead the development of best-in-class mobile projects and apps from solution design to delivery.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and support Farmers customer facing mobile application.
- You collaborate on hands-on mobile architecture, design and development work.
- You will mentor by example: you will code, document and set style guides.
- Conduct code reviews as part of our Git Workflow.
- You will advocate for performance and questioning the status quo.
- You will research new technologies that will extend your skills and the value that Farmers Insurance can offer to our customers.
- You will collaborate with other developers, architects, business analysts and product owners.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor-s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 3+ years experience in developing Android App.
- Experience in writing UT and UIT.
- Experience in performing code and design (architectural and UI) review.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with the team.
- You can demonstrate the reasoning and explain technical trade-offs to business stakeholder.
- Understanding of Backend technologies is big plus: Node.js, HTTP, REST and SOAP, scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl)
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.