Sr. Appian Developer
Full Time w/ Benefits
**No C2C or 1099**
*Not able to consider candidates who would be needing work authorization sponsorship now or in future.*
Why join IEM?
We are a woman owned company in Emergency Management that embraces teamwork, collaboration, flexible performance, actionable solutions and integrity/ethics. Our work touches everyone. We produce results that matter. Results that save lives – join us while we build a safe, secure and resilient world.
**IEM Earned Appian 2021 Innovation Award**
IEMers believe in the greater good and it is our commitment to attract those who have excellent technical skills, creative minds and innovative ideas to keep propelling us forward.
- Candidates can originate from anywhere in the United States, you will work remotely from home or personal office location
- All remote work environments require you to have high speed internet connection as well as account access with the service provider.
IEM’s Appian design team supports our role in supporting recovering communities by building out a platform or module to address emerging business needs. The skills we are looking for in team members include (but is not limited to):
- Design and implementation of new features and implement improvements to existing features on the Appian platform
- Familiarity with the Appian deployment process
- Ability to function well in small, tightly integrated, and highly-skilled agile teams.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Work closely with the team to ensure completion of key tasks including code baselining, version control, peer reviews, software testing, bug fixes and deployment
- Work within the Agile framework including participating in User Story grooming sessions, Sprint Planning meeting, and retrospectives
- B.S. or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred
- 4+ years of recent Appian development experience building applications on the Appian platform 17.x or higher
- 1+ years of SQL development and a strong understanding of database design techniques (experience using MySQL or Maria DB preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ experience with Appian components including Process Models, SAIL Forms, CDTs, records, reports, and integration
- Understanding of BPM-based platforms
- Must be able to work with clients to define business processes and gather functional system requirements.
- Experience in working on cross-functional teams building products using agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with MS Office Product Suite (Word / Excel / Power Point)
- Appian Level 1 Credentials preferred
Benefits and more:
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- 401 (K) plan with matching
- Company paid STD and LTD
IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from Human Resources.