***We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role***
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Applications Monitoring Engineer. This individual will be doing Splunk Monitoring Engineering. They need to have a programming background with .Net or Java. They need to have experience with Splunk and Dynatrace and the must have 4+ years of experience out of a large environment.
- Capture applications baseline performance deviations and implement proactive Splunk monitoring and alerting of production systems
- Leverage monitoring tools (such as Splunk/Dynatrace) and capabilities to find root cause for incident and problem management.
- Provide Splunk monitoring subject matter expertise and main point of contact for Agency Solutions and Consumer Technology supported applications.
- Provides 24 x 7 support as needed.
- Provide input into strategies, capabilities and integrations to improve the availability and performance run-state of production applications.
- Drive operational implementation of monitoring capabilities, dashboards and improvements.
- Lead efforts capturing reporting requirements, develop system performance, capacity and key business transactions reports-dashboards by leveraging approved tools and processes to maintain operational availability of delivered solutions
- Leverage a predictive analytic approach to identify and mitigate issues before they have material impact to our application consumers.
- Identify, recommend and lead performance tuning and monitoring enhancement opportunities.
- Bachelors College degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years monitoring experience in a large enterprise environment
- Systems analysis, database concepts and systems design
- Working knowledge of .NET and JAVA Applications and Development
- Source Code Management concepts
- Detailed knowledge of framework-based development
- Excellent Communication, Problem Solving, and Analytical skills
- Experience in: SPLUNK, Compuware dynaTrace, UEM, APMaas (Gomez), Foglight and ELK ASP.Net, C#, XML, HTML, JAVA Script, CSS, SQL and Python scripting
- Working knowledge of Data Science, Statistical & Predictive Analysis, Quantitative Research and Analytics
- Loadrunner Performance Testing & Tuning experience a plus
- Demonstrate ability to work in a global and multi-shift environment