Location: Mountain View, CA/ Vernon Hills, IL/Novi, MI/ Richardson, TX
About the Role
Harman’s Ignite Store enables OEMs to allow their users to integrate 3rd party content and applications safely in the car. The team is currently in the development stage with a number of OEMS to launch this capability.
We are looking for a Cloud Java Architect that will play a pivotal role in the architecture and design of the Ignite Store. The candidate will lead the design of the Store Services, make technology choices, advise the development team, and champion performance and scalability improvements throughout the system. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished software engineer with a strong background and technical understanding of Java-based web services, cloud platforms, and highly distributed, scalable, and cost-effective systems. This role will work collaboratively with product management, client architects, and the cloud services development team to maintain a consistent end-to-end architecture for the platform.
What You Will Do
- Lead the architecture and design for the Ignite Store Services.
- Document and communicate architectural decisions and designs.
- Provide direction, guidance, and expert advice to software development and delivery teams.
- Analyze software requirements and map them to existing architecture or extend the architecture in order to support the new requirements
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, and feasibility studies
- Offer support and troubleshooting assistance to the delivery teams for system level issues
- Champion performance and scalability testing of Ignite Store Services
- Cooperate with project and product management to scope, estimate, and plan new efforts
- Perform market analysis and evaluate free/open source alternatives for build/buy decisions
- Stay up to date on technology and trends in cloud services
What You Need
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 10+ years software development and/or architecture experience
- 5+ years of development experience with Java
- Proven track record of developing complex software systems using Java and Spring framework
- Deep understanding of Java and Java-based web applications
- Strong knowledge of microservices architectures and the Spring Framework
- Expert in client/server applications and REST API design
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- An appreciation for the challenges of scaling services up to millions of simultaneous users and a practical ability to detect, analyze, and remedy performance problems
- Proficient in database concepts with working knowledge of both relational databases and NoSQL solutions such as MongoDB
- Experience with modeling tools and languages such as UML
- Ability to communicate advanced and complex concepts and ideas persuasively and concisely to all levels of the business
What is Nice to Have
- Past experience with Payment Platforms and PCI DSS compliance is a plus.
- MS preferred
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, both domestic and internationally. You must be flexible to travel based upon customer needs and schedules.
- While there will likely be a hybrid remote/in office combination for the foreseeable future, you must be willing to work in one of our group’s offices in either Mountain View, CA; Novi, MI; or Vernon Hills, IL.
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world class HARMAN/Samsung products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, AKG etc.)
- Inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule with a culture encouraging work life integration and collaboration in a global environment
- On-site opportunities to focus on personal well-being and development such as, onsite café, fitness center, weekly massage, fitness classes, and other onsite events promoted by our Employee resource groups
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies
- Internal talent management leadership acceleration programs
- “Be Brilliant” employee recognition and rewards program
- Scholarship programs for employee family members