Sr. Architect – Application & Cloud Technologies
• Responsible for solution design that aligns with architecture principles, technology standards, best practices and guidelines.
• Engage with business and technology leaders to understand strategy, articulate solution options, evaluate tradeoffs and influence key decisions.
• Translate functional and non-functional requirements into effective design and architectural guidance to delivery teams.
• Evangelize adoption of development best practices like agile & lean methodologies, dev-ops, continuous delivery, test automation, containerization and cloud deployments.
• Operate across business verticals to increase agility, drive common approaches, increase reuse and drive down total cost of ownership.
• Define goals for technology components and frameworks including reference architectures and implementations
• Serve as a subject matter expert for application architecture, cloud, architectural best practices, design patterns, tools & platforms.
• Stay current with emerging technologies and industry & market trends.
• Be willing to be hands-on as needed to help add value to delivery teams.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field with 10+ years of experience.
• Hands-on expertise in Java & Web technologies (HTML, JS & CSS)
• Demonstrated success engaging business partners in a consultative manner and turning business concepts into well designed technology solutions.
• Expertise in building internet scale solutions in the cloud preferred.
• Business value focused mindset balancing tactical and strategic needs.
• Interest in learning the marketing and distribution space – prior experience in the financial services industry / asset management space preferred.
• Proven ability to work well and influence others. Strong inter-personal skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to generate great content and present them effectively.
• Must have a thorough understanding of agile development methodologies.
• Preferred technical skills: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java (Tomcat, Servlets, JSP), Web Services, REST APIs, Micro-services, JMS, jQuery, Node, Websocket, SPA frameworks like Angular/React, Github, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, SonarQube, & Fortify.
Looking for very strong Java and AWS cloud experience. If they have some kind of cloud certification, that is a huge plus (AWS, Google, Oracle)
For consideration, please submit your resume as a MS Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Combining Talent with Technology"
4922 Fairmont Ave Bethesda, MD, 20814