Sr. Automation QA Engineer (Sr. Associate)
The Sr. Automation QA Engineer will be responsible for test specification, automation using tools such as Jmeter and Selenium, writing automation test scripts and executing test scripts. Reporting defects, and reporting test results. Communicates with product team to clarify requirements and follows up to troubleshoot and get defects resolved from development team. Generates product validation solutions for both current and future programs, including test automation solutions.
- Perform Telematics test & measurement development activity.
- Develop validation designs (including automated test systems).
- Design and balance system test procedures.
- Coordinate staff and execution to meet production intent product timing deadlines.
- Communicate, coordinate, and consult with engineering departments and suppliers.
- Execute both in-vehicle and bench testing.
- Direct the actions and activities of a small team of engineers as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience. Master's degree in related Engineering field preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in the engineering field.
- Experience with one of the following technologies: LTE, CDMA, GSM, Modem Protocol, Internet Protocol, or GPS.
- A well-developed understanding of circuit switched and packet switched connections.
- Performance testing using JMeter
- Automating back end and front end application using selenium and Jmeter
- Mobile and Web application automation using selenium tool
- A well-developed understanding of the theory and principles of operation of the internet and packet data protocols.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in validation of a production intent product.
- Basic knowledge of code or script development.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others while coordinating their activities.
- Demonstrated basic programming skills (C/C++, Java).
- Demonstrated ability to root cause software failures.