Sr. Test Automation Engineer job description has been developed to support both the automation and manual testing functions in the System Test and Integration Test environments.
· Experience with Gitlab, Jenkins, Version 1, Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor and/or HP UFT, HP ALM tools
· Assesses test cases for automation
· Builds automated components
· Prepares the manual automation test bed
· Completes the Automation Plan section of Master Test Plan
· Executes manual and automated tests
· Leads, mentors and supports resources and the use of test automation tools
· Determines and develops automated tools that will help in the project’s testing efforts
· Logs and tracks defects in QC to resolution
· Automates the manual test cases and develops other automation tools that will help improve the
· Design, develop and implement automated testing and tooling solutions, including automated functional and regression test scripts and related assets.
· Solve complex automation challenges and participate in complex projects.
· Enhance, extend and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks
· Create, maintain and expand our master regression test bed.
· Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, quality assurance and developers on project-level test automation and help identify candidates for inclusion in test automation.
· Coordinate and manage automated testing efforts for concurrent projects and software releases, including coordinating test automation schedules, environments and configuration requirements for assigned testing activities.
· Create data sets to be used in test automation activities.
· Document and evaluate test results. Collaborate in troubleshooting issues.
· Provide test automation estimates and timelines for assigned projects.
· Participate in continuous integration, release and build management.
· Establish and manage traceability of requirements through test plans and cases.
· Communicate and report on status of test automation activities.
· Act as liaison to offshore automation resources.
· Possess automation architect skills.
Entry Requirements: (both job functions)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems with one to five years of experience in an IT testing environment and/or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training that enables the candidate to meet the entry requirements.
Interested in this position?