FULL-TIME POSITION / NO VISA SPONSORSHIP
Job description – Sr. BI Specialist
A leading provider of retirement and insurance products and services is seeking a talented and experienced QlikSense Data and BI Analytics specialist to join a team of bright professionals working on several strategic, high visibility data intensive projects.
The candidate will be required to work closely with business, development teams, analysts and project managers to analyze and validate data requirements, assist in data discovery, document data flows and structures, help in quality assurance activities, develop BI & analytics dashboards/reports and design/create visualizations.
Required Soft Skills:
The candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of related technology experience, strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be creative, self-sufficient, and resourceful. Accustomed to looking through data tables and SQL logic, documenting data flows and discerning data patterns and identify error conditions. Must be skilled in QlikSense, its web and DB integrations, Qlik data modeling and NPrinting. Additionally, candidate must demonstrate advanced SQL knowledge, experience with stored procedures and functions, db triggers, and query tuning. Finally, candidate will need a well-developed analytic and problem-solving skills to sift through and understand complex data and structures.
Must be working currently in QLIKSENSE minimum 3yrs experience
Key job duties:
- Design, build, and support data manipulation processes and solutions in SQL and QlikSense
- Design and create data visualization and guided analytics
- Maintain QlikSense and NPrinting environments in the Cloud
- Help create and actively participate in the BI COE and QlikSense platform governance processes
- Work with end users to troubleshoot their QlikSense apps and provide support to their data processing apps
- Develop and maintain validation rules, workflow rules, process flows and visual workflows
- Work on data integration & preparation routines to support business requirements
- Analyze and document data rules embedded in ETL, stored procedures and queries
- Conduct data profiling, and data discovery activities using SQL and QlikSense
- Create and maintain requirement and design artifacts, following SDLC processes
- Participate in team meetings to address business issues, prototyping, code reviews and architecture discussions
- Take pride of ownership in all projects and products. Improve codebase as needed and contribute to the documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required (Master's in Business Admin. preferred)
- 10+ years' experience in a business intelligence role, with at least 3 year working on Qlik platform
- 3+ years' experience a supervisory capacity, preferably within business intelligence or data analysis
- High level of competency in data manipulation and analysis: accessing raw data in varied formats with different methods and curating data for analysis.
- Hands on experience in QlikSense, NPrinting, dashboarding and data modeling and reporting
- Strong database designing and SQL skills. Experienced in RDMS such as MS SQL Server, AWS RDS etc.
- Hands-on experience in analyzing data, identifying trends/patterns, and building visualizations
Other Distinguishing Skills (optional but a strong plus)
- Financial industry and data knowledge
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools and methods
- Experience with data modeling, dimensional DWH concepts including techniques for handling semi-structured and unstructured data, predictive modeling, and AI