Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job SummaryJob Overview
- Manages team of analysts who are responsible for new system analysis, existing improvement, and organizational process improvement.
- Aligns business analysis resources with organizational priorities and goals
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Engages BSA staff on day-to-day performance of jobs.
- Mentors BSA staff to help individuals set and meet career goals.
- Assists the PMO in managing the organization's Software Development Life Cycle. Providing periodic evaluation of current practices and training on standardized processes to project resources.
- Assigns BSA staff for engagement project management and planning activities for smaller projects.
- Oversees quality of agile work items, requirements, analysis, and documentation produced by BSA Staff.
- Establishes annual budget for BSA team.
- Has basic knowledge of general business environment/operation and has general cost benefit awareness.
- Agile Project Management experience preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of standard features/functions of multiple applications/modules to field, analyze and resolve customer issues/problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters.
- Identifies/receives problem, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for defined business processes.
- Creates documentation of business processes, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Has basic understanding of Data Analysis and/or relational databases.
- Has basic understanding of system integrations and supporting technologies.
- Standard Microsoft Office skill set.
Typical Range of Experience
- BS degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CBAP Certified Preferred
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience as an individual contributor
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.