If you're ready and selected, we offer much of the standard perks that startups offer, such as an amazing open workspace, along with relocation, visa/green card services (after one year), etc.
- The job requires leadership skills (5%) to evangelize core competencies and establish IoT best practices within the company. The job also requires strong development skills (95%) to engineer the cloud-based and device-based infrastructure necessary
- Designing, developing, and troubleshooting software technologies for developing solutions using Microservices design principles, serverless design patterns, and event-driven systems
- Develop data acquisition practices for our customers and design data ingestion pipelines for all of IoT.
- Engineer the necessary cloud infrastructure for deploying IoT components. Work with the engineering teams to integrate seamless IoT solutions into the overall cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with Principal IoT Engineer, product owners(s) and several development teams throughout the product lifecycle, producing timely and top quality cloud platform deliveries utilizing IoT technologies
- Balancing solution trade-offs when it comes to time-to-market, security and operational effectiveness
- Provide technical mentoring to Junior IoT engineers
- Work in a cross-functional team environment with Product Owners, Architects, Scrum Masters, Developers and Operations teams.
- Together with the product managers understand customer needs and translate these into strong solution requirements - technical collaboration with partners - conduct technology assessments.
- Monitor and incorporate industry technology innovations when relevant for the relevant IoT solution / segment into the agile IoT development teams through collaboration with the teams dedicated product owner.
- Investigate state-of-the-art technologies in IoT. Determine their possible use in high-quality automatic video surveillance scenarios.
- Design system architecture and develop software tools for the deployment of IoT products
- Create software tools, SDKs, and APIs that will be used internally and externally for building, using, and testing IoT products
- Must have 2+ years of SaaS experience with strong understanding of Micro services architectures, patterns and practices (must have Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud platform)
- Must have 3+ years experience with HTTP protocol, REST, WebSocket, SSE, and other web technologies.
- Should have 2+ years experience with Apache Spark, Storm, or any other big data pipeline.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or Science (Masters preferred) with at least 6+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record delivering technically complex enterprise services.
- 2+ years experience building and deploying IoT infrastructure components and building blocks
- 3+ years experience with embedded systems level programming skills in Python, Go, or C++
- Experience with hardware interface, serial and networking protocols, microcontrollers, and circuit design
- Self-assured, confident and goal-oriented.
- Excellent communication and strong leadership skills (documented formal leadership experience preferred).
- Excellent engineering leadership skills admired by developers - possesses strong technical, mathematics, and analytical skills.
- Strong operational execution with ability to build and manage strong cross-group relationships
- Self-motivated and driven researcher or software engineer who takes pride in delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to multitask, solve problems of moderate scope, exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Ability to work independently, and as a coach to team member across multiple projects in a result-driven environment - strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Curious and with a desire to maintain and extend broad technical knowledge while understanding the importance of creating high customer value.
- Possessing excellent communication (written and spoken) & interpersonal skills - technical presentations, presentations, internal architecture documents, white papers.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken.
- Team player, can-do attitude that enjoy collaborating with others to share ideas and value other perspectives in evaluating the quality of ideas
- Passion for creating new products, including being comfortable with ambiguity
- Self-assured, confident and goal-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solves problems effectively - sees innovation opportunities in everything
- Agile oriented in approach to engineering, including being comfortable with ambiguity in a flat organization.
- Partner effectively with other teams and share key information
- Be autonomous but don’t sub optimize
- Believe in a quick improvement approach: Fail fast, learn fast, improve fast – if it works keep it otherwise dump it
- Believe in: Documentation when & where needed, not always and not never.
Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.
Kore1 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kore1 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Kore1 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.Improper interference with the ability of Kore1's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.