Title: Sr. Backend Software Engineer
Position Type: Contract to hire
Location: Des Moines, IA, United States
Sr. Engineer contributes the development of software components for
existing and next generation industrial automation products, connecting the real-time controls to the
- Under general direction, design, develop, maintain and troubleshoot Windows applications for
- Assist with defining requirements for new and/or existing software applications.
- Complete prototypes for new and/or existing software programs.
- Support and improve legacy communication software.
- Assist with complete program testing, including code review, unit testing, and validation test
- Present new software features to internal and/or external customers.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- B.S. or master's degree in computer science or related technology major.
- 10+ years' experience in design and development Windows applications
- Experience in developing industrial automation software
- Experience in full-stack or backend development of web applications
- Experience in Agile software development preferred
- Cybersecurity expertise preferred
- Tools: MS Visual Studio, Visual Paradigm (or another UML editor), MS Word
- Frameworks: WCF, Express JS, ASP.NET
- Protocols: OPC UA, HTTP, REST, SOAP, MQTT
- Source control: Git
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Clearly and concisely communicate and write about complex technical, architectural, and/or
organizational problems and propose thorough solutions
- Ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- Programming languages: Python, TypeScript, Ruby
- Frameworks: Django, Angular, REACT
- Windows C++ API (MFC, ATL, COM)
- Protocols: SFTP, SSH, OPC DA, OPC AE