Do you want to be part of the transformation that's accelerating a truly data-driven company? Are you ready to collaborate and innovate with a team responsible for changing the customer experience using the latest technologies? As a Senior Big Data Developer on the GEICO IT squad, you'll thrive in a fast-paced, innovative culture that turns data into information and uses that information to drive action. One focus is our Single View of the Customer (SVOC) initiative. As part of this team you will be designing, creating, and populating customer centric data stores necessary for deriving valuable insights in real time to provide tailored customer experiences. As a senior developer you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior associates and help grow our team.Qualifications
- At least 3 years of programing experience in Java and Spring technologies
- At least 2 years of programming experience working with Spark on big data; including experience with data profiling and building transformations
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, or MongoDB
- Experience with streaming data and Kafka (or equivalent streaming tooling)
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
- Experience with GraphQL, web services, and container based deployments
- Experience tuning and monitoring using Dynatrace or Splunk
- Exposure to Graph Databases
- 5-7 years of technology experience
NOTE: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.Benefits
As a full time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.