Sr. Bioinformatics Software Engineer
Direct Hire/FTE - Remote Work
We are developing NGS (next generation Sequencing) diagnostics and screening tests for Cancer. The Senior Bioinformatics Software Engineer candidate will join an interdisciplinary team developing high throughput screening application for early cancer detection.
The successful Bioinformatics Software Engineer
candidate will join an interdisciplinary team working with an unprecedented set of clinical DNA whole genome and exome sequence data and multiple epigenetic data types produced by novel R&D pipelines. The scope of this project provides unique opportunities for developing and learning novel analytical methods for DNA sequencing data, including cell free DNA-based transcript expression and methylation data integrated with epigenetic data sets.
This individual will work with software engineers, bioinformatics scientists, assay developers, and project leaders to ensure the quality of bioinformatics software used in CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA regulated environments and the correct installation on production systems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Implement algorithm software pertain to classification and analysis of anomalies related to early indication of cancer.
- Conduct software design reviews, communicates results through presentations and project reports as well as scientific publications.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Tend to non-routine analysis problems, applying deep epigenetic knowledge to conduct end-to-end analysis of epigenetic cell free nucleic acid NGS data.
- Leads other scientists and engineers for research activities
- Provide analytic support on individual samples and research activities.
- Provide analytic support to CLIA and CAP regulated clinical operations.
- Explore genomic data from clinical patients and external annotation sources to enhance quality of reporting.
- Develop scripts for research and development activities.
- M.Sc. or higher agree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Cancer Biology, Genetics, Genomics, Computer Science. Equivalent industry experience accepted.
- 5+ Years industry experience including experience with a programming language such as R and Python.
- Deep understanding with next generation sequencing data analysis (DNA, RNA, or epigenetic analysis). Experience with modern tools and pipelines in genomics for processing and analysis of primary data, including somatic and structural variant calling.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organizational and people skills with the ability to work across functions.
Experience in one or more of the following is a plus:
Hands on knowledge of docker applications and CI tools such as Jenkins.
Proficient in Linux base environment and Bash scripting.
Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, NYDOH, and FDA).
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.