Overview & Responsibilities OVERVIEW
General Mills is seeking a Sr. Technical Business Analyst to be responsible for the coordination, execution, management and technical oversight of marketing technology capabilities. The Technical Business Analyst will serve as a resident expert for cross-channel, data-targeted marketing technology efforts, ensuring executional excellence across business, vendor and technical teams. The Technical Business Analyst is responsible for understanding both the technical capabilities of Marketing information technology and the goals and execution of the Marketing business team campaigns.
This role is part of the Marketing Services and Operations organization, which uses technology to bring General Mills' marketing plans to life with a focus on delivering the right content to the right consumer at the right time. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with GMI marketing and vendor teams to define data-driven personalization executions with a lens into data structure, consumer segmentation, content metadata, and maintenance.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert on marketing technology for GMI marketing teams, uncovering key business questions and providing analysis, insights, and solutions to answer them.
- Executing upon and contributing to the marketing technology roadmap by matching business needs with existing and upcoming technologies, capabilities and services.
- Gather project requirements from internal business clients; translate requirements into technical documents, identifying and eliminating gaps via partnership with data architects; communicate requirements and serve as day to day contact for technical teams in their own terms. Likewise, translate progress and questions of technical teams back to business clients in their own terms.
- Understand, document, and communicate timelines, priorities, delivery, and measurement across technology and marketing clients.
- Manage marketing technology tool operations, ensuring seamless execution of audience development, campaign creation, and content delivery across teams.
- Develop, document, execute and follow standard processes for cross-channel campaign delivery.
- Develop and maintain internal and external cross-functional networks to support the goals of the organization.
- Proactively prepare for business meetings defining agendas, recapping decisions
- Help source and partner with marketing technology vendors to solve business problems
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business, marketing, statistics, CIS, Information Technology or related field
- 7+ years of or relevant experience in a data or business analyst position
- Experience with writing SQL, SAS, or other programming language. SQL is a must.
- Experience with relational data, preferably writing analytical queries
- Understanding of website or system design and implementation.
- Experience in consumer-focused roles with strong business acumen
- Proven track record coordinating multiple projects
- Exceptional organization, project management, and communication skills
- This role is based in Minneapolis, MN and would require the candidate to live in the Greater Minneapolis area or be open to relocation to the Greater Minneapolis area.
- Leadership presence
- Highly desirable - familiarity with marketing technology tools and vendors (such as Acoustic/email marketing, Google Analytics/site analytics, Sitecore/site content management, DoubleClick/ad serving)
- Ability to function autonomously while laddering up to established priorities
- Ability to make decisions and work through ambiguity
- Ability to understand multiple perspectives and be able to advise a wise course of action
- Process-driven, continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrate consumer focus