The Senior Business Analyst for Business Information in the New York Buying Office will help to bridge the gap between the business teams and the technical teams who will provide solutions. The Senior Business Analyst will be continuously involved in communications with stakeholders, other team members and developers as they create the solution to business reporting and data needs / gaps. The Senior Business Analyst will lead and participate in information-gathering sessions including interviewing, gathering requirements, and solution workshops. The Senior Business Analyst is also involved with negotiating the solution with the business and the technical team, mediating among the groups when disagreements take place, and influencing the results of decisions during the solution cycle. S/He will be presented with a business need or problem, have an opportunity to work with a dynamic team to arrive at a solution, and work with the technology team through the delivery of the solution back to the business community. Areas of focus include retail knowledge, business requirements gathering and documentation, user support, change management, relationship management, and project management activities.
- Elicit and document comprehensive business requirements for reporting and data analytics.
- Develop a partnership acting as a liaison between technical and business teams to understand, troubleshoot, interpret and advise on business needs and/or problems.
- Manage meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the project teams during the design and build phases of moderately complex projects.
- Lead creation and review of all test-related deliverables including test approach, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts, and test results.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing for moderately complex projects and obtain sign-off from the business.
- Assess and determine priorities for training deliverables and routinely manage the creation of training deliverables: training plan, training schedule, job aids, etc.
SUBSET SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Drive the execution of the release and deployment plans with business stakeholders.
- Support the team to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Analyze ambiguous and complex risks and recommend mitigations and improvement approaches.
- Support the company's IT capabilities and services including new projects and system implementations.
- Learning on the Fly
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- 5-8 years of experience in the Retail and/or IT field
- Ability to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and coordinate activities of other associates
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization
- Ability to network with key contacts outside of own area of expertise
- Strong problem solving skills
- Presentation and training skills
- Business Analysis experience with strong requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Advanced application of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Working knowledge and hand-on experience with BI tools such as (MicroStrategy, Microsoft SSAS)
- Solid level of working business and/or retail knowledge
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) Certification is a plus
- Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This position description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.