Sr. Business Analyst REF#:
26641 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Corporate JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
New York, NY ABOUT US:
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world's largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand - "the Eye" - one of the most recognized in business. The Company's operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS's businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Smithsonian Networks, Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group (CBS Studios International and CBS Television Distribution), CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. DESCRIPTION:
The Sr. Business Analyst oversees and actively manages the application development, project completion, and ongoing support for systems utilized by the department. This role is expected to propose and implement initiatives to consistently increase overall department-wide efficiency and standards. The Sr. Business Analyst is also responsible for following the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
- Lead design discussions, identify design options, provide UI mock-ups
- Plan, execute, and document fit-gap analysis, application configuration, deployment, data migration, and integration
- Develop test schedules, review testing plans, track and document testing efforts
- Develop project management plans and estimates to support projects and enhancements
- Help facilitate project/enhancement governance and prioritization
- Support existing portfolio of applications through small enhancements and bug fixes
- Prepare presentations for business users and senior management
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects, and lead projects through completion
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance
- Ensure that business requirements are structured using industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures
- Identify areas within the business where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity. Provide analysis of current processes and workflows and be able to work with the business to suggest improvements.
- Understand the functions and constraints of the current systems and work with the development teams and/or vendor to drive new features
- Provide user documentation and training for applications
- Assist in creation of project estimates to support departmental planning and budgeting activities
- Act as a mentor and coach to Business Analysts
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent relevant work experience, required.
- Documented experience with SDLC methodology and process.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Strategic, innovative thinking and vision.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of technology.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of business analysis experience.* ERP, finance or accounting systems implementation experience is a plus
- Experience in the Media industry is a plus, specifically the affiliate revenue business.
- Experience with Agile methodology is a plus.
#Dice EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled