Company OverviewWe're passionate about food and driven by data.
Do you want to impact our future through data, analytics and innovative technology? Do you thrive on leading big things and making it happen? Bring your passion, expertise and problem-solving skills to the table and make an impact.
General Mills is reshaping the future, and technology & data play an important role for us. Your technology experience will help us get the right data and solutions at the right time, every time. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates across the globe with more than 100 recognizable consumer brands, including: Cheerios, LRABAR, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Totino's, Epic Provisions and Blue Buffalo.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
General Mills is developing a best in class Revenue Management capability that helps drive performance of General Mills now and into the future. An integral part of this capability is developing scaled analytics to inform and measure revenue optimization opportunities. The team is seeking a Senior Business Analyst
that will play the critical role of linking business objectives to core technological capabilities. This role will drive organized and effective requirements to build the product. They will be responsible for ensuring the team knows and understand what they are expected to build through a backlog and user stories, and how it connects to overall objectives. This role is the development team's source for business logic, requirements, and analysis. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and be able to work and make decisions in a fast-past environment. In this role you will:
WHO YOU ARE
- Collaborate with a Product Owner to shape the end-to-end product strategy and determine business value
- Elicit requirements to accomplish team goals
- Utilize market and industry knowledge to translate user needs into user stories and acceptance criteria for their team. Maintain a backlog 3 to 4 sprints ahead of the team
- Serve as the day to day contact for the team on clarification of requirements and drive user stories
- Exercise strong decision-making mandate across the team as a proxy to the product owner
- Stay in sync with the product owners on priorities and day to day decision making
- Support the product owners in collaborating with other teams and leadership to ensure team strategy aligns with overall product vision
- Prep and support the team on product demos
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 year of experience facilitating agile ceremonies, managing a backlog/release plan, tracking team level metrics, removing blockers (burndown chart, release burn up, etc.)
- 2-3 years of experience leading / working with teams in an agile setting as an analyst
- Experience analyzing large data sets using Excel and SQL to understand patterns, structures and definition.
- Intermediate proficiency working with BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Strong communication skills with ability to present complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
- Able to articulate business requirements and bridge the gap with development teams and stakeholders
- Excellent problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- Self-managing, results-oriented, and capable of leading multiple initiatives simultaneously through rigorous prioritization