Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Remote okay to start, but then Troy, MI
Duration: 6 months+
====s/====s for contract to hire role
The Senior Application Developer responsibilities include understanding and supporting the business through the design, development and implementation of applications, application enhancements and new capabilities. They are expected to provide technical leadership in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to program coding, testing, release and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes. The senior application developer may act as a project manager on small to medium rigor projects. They will work closely with various customers including their immediate project teams, business domain experts and other technical staff members. This position will act as a technical resource to less experienced developers.
· 10% of Time- Technical Leadership – May lead a technical team and assist less experienced developers with technical deliverables
· 30% of time - Solution Design –Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards
· 40% of time - Code Development – Develops and enhances application code. This includes unit testing to ensure all the functions are performing to specification
· 10% of time - Testing – Leads validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating that the solution performs as expected. This includes and is not limited to system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and defect remediation
· 10% of Time – Deployment and Transition Support – Successfully deploys the new or enhanced software. Ensures user acceptance is strong and functionality is suitable. Also responsible for a smooth transition of the product to the maintenance and enhancement team ensuring complete documentation and communication occurs at transition.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, engineering, math or related field plus 5-10yrs of Java Development experience
· 5-10 years of development experience (Finance/Lending industry experience a plus)
· 3 years of experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
· 3 years of experience designing and building technical solutions using applicable technologies
· 3 years of using Oracle, relational databases and writing basic queries (SQL and PL SQL)
Licenses and Certifications:
· ITIL Foundations preferred
· ITIL training preferred
· Scrum Developer training preferred
· Software tools applicable to technology being used (i.e. PowerBuilder, Salesforce)
· Strong communicator - Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner.
· Strong problem solving skills and analytic skills with proven strength in applying root cause analysis
· Proven ability to design and build technical solutions using applicable technologies; ability to demonstrate strong coding skills
· Strong understanding of relational databases and ability to write basic queries (SQL and PL SQL)
· Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST)
· Strong experience with incident management leading both on and off hour ad hoc support teams.
· Strong experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
· Ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention and effort between current project workload and on-going support tasks
· Proven ability to adapt to change in process, procedure and priorities.
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong experience with incident management, leading both on and off-hours ad hoc support teams
· Strong experience building, writing and executing test cases (using technologies such as HP Quality Center, QTP, Loadrunner, is a plus)