We are looking for Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator. This is a full time permanent hire position with our client in Raleigh, North Carolina. You can work 100% remote (anywhere in USA) for this position. In this role as a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator, you will be a part of an outstanding team that installs, maintains, and supports enterprise applications while ensuring a high level of application availability, provide technical support to developers and implements additional functionality to supplement vendor supplied programs.
Responsibilities for a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator:
- Architect stable Power BI / OBIEE/ Tableau solutions guaranteed for high operational availability and performance
- Install and upgrade Power BI / OBIEE/ Tableau servers, managing licensing, backing-up of servers, adding and managing nodes in cluster
- Manage security and authentication [Including SSL]
- Work with all features of Power BI / OBIEE/ Tableau – Data Sources, Extracts, Variety of Data Visualizations
- Program Rest API to manage users/workbooks, data connections and other resources on the server
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure platform is preferred to manage Power BI platform, Resources, Alerts, Monitoring and Logging
- Develop support plans that recognize the customer’s priorities, challenges, initiatives, and potential areas for improvement
- Use independent judgment and technical expertise to identify, document, Troubleshoots, resolves system issues and report issues with design, reliability, and maintenance
- Provide proactive technical support and clearly communicate procedural and status updates in complex and often critical
- Develops, tests, and implements systems changes, upgrades and patches
- Monitors and maintains application services; installs and configures application software on new services and maintains system configurations
- Manage end to end Platform & Infrastructure requests with minimal direction from Functional Managers, Be a completer/finisher with strong attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Partner with the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues
- Implement and maintain a systems business impact assessment to prioritize system recovery in the event of a failure
- Participate in development of software standards for servers, operating systems, and end-user workstations
- Communicate server/system issues, resolution plans, and recommend preventive action to leadership team
- Work with third party vendors and consultants on system upgrades, updates/changes
- Direct , manage , lead and Mentor offshore team to achieve service management SLA's on middleware infrastructure applications, such as Power BI, Tableau, OBIEE, Informatica, and Databases
- Follow SOPs and administration guidelines for server upgrades, backups, patching, performance tuning, and security and administration of the applications
- Working knowledge of ITIL Foundation best practices
Required Skills a Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator:
- 8+ years of relevant experience working with Power BI / OBIEE/ Tableau platform
- Microsoft Azure
- Expert knowledge of relational databases.
- Expert knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. Expert familiarity with application specific processes related to data/document management etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Expert problem solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot problems. Expert ability to identify, prioritize, and solve system related problems
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent preferred