The Senior Business Intelligence Associate will work within the Portfolio Analytics Group, which is a sub department within Portfolio Management and is responsible for owning and managing the investment data life cycle, as well as delivering reports and analysis that drive investment and business decisions. The Sr. BI Associate will partner with different business units throughout the company in order to design, build, and operate dynamic reporting and analytical tools that provide insights into business performance. The Sr. BI Associate will work with a team of data engineers, actuaries, full stack developers and data scientists as well as the Investor Relations and Asset Management teams to design web-based tools that will be used both externally by potential clients and internally by various functions within the organization. A successful individual will demonstrate an ability to both perform financial analysis, and an ability to develop programs for portfolio reporting.
- Tackle complex business problems by converting raw data into meaningful and actionable business insights. Collaborate directly with peers and business leaders to transform ideas into actions.
- Strong intellectual curiosity combined with ability to dig into details is a prerequisite. The work is team-based and involves building systems and processes, maintaining data sets and tools key to portfolio decision-making, and performing and explaining ad hoc analysis.
- Work collaboratively with other team members within an agile software development process
- Participate in technical sprint efforts, bringing new innovative ideas to future versions of our software
- Demonstrate latest product capabilities to stakeholders, prospects, and customers
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Finance, Computer Science, or Actuarial Science
- Minimum 3 years experience of experience with object-oriented programming in Python. Experience w/ Pandas, numpy and Dash are a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in creating and presenting management dashboards and reports
- Experience with data visualization/business intelligence tools.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python. Experience with pandas, numpy, and Dash is a plus.
- Ability to write SQL queries required. Ideally in Postgres or MySQL.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences