The responsibilities of the Senior Business Objects Developer will include:
- Functioning as technical lead/participant in Business Intelligence (BI) Projects for full life cycle activities:
- Scope, Design, and Development, Testing, Implementation
- Working closely and leading Application Teams, supporting Technical Staff and Business Users to understand business requirements and issues towards determining optimal BI approach
- Designing and creating objects (application system), diagnosing and repairing User issues and system performance issues, testing, monitoring and tuning of application systems and related software
- Providing consultative skills on departmental applications that have BI components
- Defining, documenting, implementing, and communicating BI solution standards and methodology
- Applying, complying, and refining BI Reporting and Dashboards best practices and standards
- Participating in educating IT Teams and Business Users on BI best practices and concept
- At least 5 years IT experience in Business Intelligence (BI)
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience with Business Objects III/IV
- Firm understanding of database systems (SQL Server 2008 and up) ETL, Web Reporting, and executive dashboard concepts
- Good organization skills and ability to assemble business information
- Ability to understand and interpret business and technical requirements and propose viable BI solutions
- Experience in process flow mapping and requirements analysis
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; including the delivery and creation of presentations (ability to distill complex topics into simple concepts)
- Ability to work with Senior Management, IT staff, and extended User community
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with minimal supervision
About Sharp Decisions
For more than 25 years, Sharp Decisions has provided superior, award-winning service in strategic business and technology consulting services to government agencies at all levels, as well as domestic and global corporations. With subject matter expertise in Investment Banking, Finance, Healthcare, Media & Telecommunications, and Manufacturing, Sharp Decisions is well equipped to serve your needs.
Headquartered in New York City, with locations throughout the U.S., Europe and Canada, Sharp Decisions has been the technology backbone for a client portfolio that includes an array of well-known companies. As a Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise and approved vendor, Sharp Decisions offers a powerful, cost-effective advantage. We actively partner with other MBEs to add value and meet diversity program requirements. Sharp Decisions is also committed to hiring and training post-9/11, tech-savvy U.S. armed forces veterans through our V.E.T.S.™ (Vocation, Education and Training for Service members) Program.
For more information visit www.sharpdecisions.com.