Defines customer needs via Epics and User Stories for the product backlog. Ensure the proposed technical and business solutions meet the customer's objectives for the work effort/business value to be delivered. Provide guidance for sprint planning by contributing to the prioritized product backlog.
Are you looking to be a part of a great professional team working in a fast-paced environment where you will be valued and can make a difference? Do you love creating and writing user stories? Maybe you like finding a solution to a problem while being innovative! If this sounds like you, then look no further and join Palmetto GBA! Description
• Elicit and document user requirements to meet a business objective.
• Respond to questions and ensure understanding of why the business solution was chosen.
•Ensure the accurate deployment of solutions through review of problem logs, assisting with test plans and test matrices, and other analysis activities
•Validate the business need for solutions to business problems and process improvements.
• Facilitate the transfer of knowledge about the "big picture" direction of the business units to others who support them.
•Provide input on the business direction for system changes.
• Mentor less experienced business systems analysts. The position can be onsite, remote or a combination of both! Required Education:
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other job related field OR
- 4 years of job related work experience OR
- 2 years of job related experience plus an associate's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other job related degree
Preferred Work Experience:
- 6 years of IT business analysis experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Agile with Scrum experience.
- Ability to write User Stories with Acceptance Criteria
Preferred Software and Other Tools:
- Demonstrated expertise in the concepts of the supported business unit.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard industry practices and procedures for the business unit.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, including the ability to express complex technical and business concepts to all management levels, peers, and the business units.
- Able to influence and negotiate solutions to business problems.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Understands how IT affects an organization and is able to link it to business processes.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Able to read and comment on test plans and test matrices, project plans, and scope and design documents.
- Has a conceptual understanding of project management techniques.
VisioPreferred Licenses and Certificates:
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.