Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Software Engineer to help design and create high quality solutions that support 80% of US clinicians.
What We Are Looking For
Due to our growth, IMO is looking to add varying levels of experienced versatile developers, with an emphasis in .NET and C#, who are passionate about programming and are ready to tackle coding in all aspects of a powerful enterprise software system, from the database layer to the UI front-end (and everything in between).
Join a small team of highly experienced and imaginative developers who are making a difference in healthcare. As part of this team, you will have a significant impact on future functionality. Within the first 6 months, you’ll have hospitals and clinics across the country using features that you helped design and build. You’ll be involved in all aspects of the development cycle, including feature design, database design, business logic development, UI development, test planning, and strategic support. There is a dedicated staff of quality assurance engineers that will support your development efforts.
The Development Environment
IMO is primarily a .NET shop, focusing on C#. We use Visual Studio 2017, Oracle databases, Git for source code management, TFS for automated builds and JIRA for issue tracking. However, we also use other technologies depending on the solution. Our team also partakes in various DevOps tasks (which we think are fun). IMO works in Agile/Scrum teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and author quality source code, including documentation of code, high level and detail level designs as needed.
- Implement unit tests as required for thorough code coverage. Review team source code as necessary.
- Work within an agile team, solve problems efficiently and completely according to principals of scrum development.
- As needed, lead and perform solution analysis, code analysis, and requirements analysis, and software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Make specific determinations about system performance, and review changes in code and environment that can affect system performance with recommendations.
- Lead and participate application database design and implementation. Be comfortable in large database environments.
- Manage and respond promptly and professionally to defect reports.
- Provide assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Assist with the implementation of our solution within client solutions.
- Identify issues or obstacles of department and/or programmer productivity or efficiency to software development management.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Perform current technology assessment on an on-going basis to determine areas of improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Fluency in many development environments and web-based tools to provide technical expertise and guidance in the development of complex, high-performance software and systems (many of which are web-based).
- 5+ years development using C# or comparable object oriented language.
- 3-5 years Microsoft development.
- Must understand theory and practice of relational database design and development.
- Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment and service-oriented architectures required.
- Experience using a source control management tool (preferably Git).
- Experience with cloud computing a plus (preferably AWS).
- Experience collaborating on a development team.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence tools a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or comparable discipline.
- This position will require employee to work on site at the IMO headquarters in Northbrook, IL.
Personal Skills and Competencies
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff, while maintaining positive client and staff interactions.
- Must be able to operate in an agile team environment.
- Act as an interface to complementary teams as needed.
Our tech stack:
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift
- CI/CD: TFS, Octopus, Git, Terraform
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Serverless
- Monitoring: New Relic, Cloudwatch, AppInsights, PRTG, Dynatrace
- SCM: Puppet, PowerShell, Cloud Formation
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers and engineers combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals’ access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. IMO is a privately held multi-million-dollar corporation enjoying explosive growth. If a challenging, fast paced, energetic work environment appeals to your career interests, do come and join our fast-growing team!
IMO has a casual dress work environment, healthy living initiatives, bonus, Equity Participation Plan, and a strong benefits package including medical/dental /vision; 401K with a history of strong match; competitive PTO and much more. Downtown commuters will enjoy free shuttle service to IMO’s Northbrook door step from Metra Station.
Note: Employee may come in contact with ePHI as part of their job responsibilities and he/she would need to follow appropriate IMO policies and procedures applicable under HIPAA regulation