- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Telecommunications, or Business Management or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in hardware/network design, traffic engineering, equipment vendors and carriers and specifically the following systems:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
- Cisco Unity Connection (CUC).
- Cisco Emergency Responder (CER).
- SIP/CUBE Knowledge.
- SIP integrations to 3rd party applications (Avaya Session Manager, Cisco CVP, etc.).
- Voice Gateways configuration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Excellent desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint functionality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and proven organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Project management experience for moderate projects.
- Exercise considerable initiative, planning, judgment, and work independently.
- Experience performing disaster recovery testing.
- Drive to any location, and be available outside normal business hours, including weekends.
- Serves on a team on-call rotation schedule to address emergency production issues after hours.
- Translate technical jargon and concepts into easy to understand language.
- Knowledge of VOIP and QOS.
- General Understanding of Network Protocols e.g.: DHCP, DNS, LDAP, VLANS, SIP, FTP, SSH, and TCP/IP.
- Cisco Certifications or relevant experience
- SIP voice services experience
- Session Border Controller experience
- Provides support on the selection, implementation, installation, and maintenance of all communications related systems.
- Troubleshoots communication systems issues; providing tier three support for communication and video systems.
- Coordinates with vendors and organizational staff the installation and planning of moves, adds, and changes of services.
- Provides training to Communication Service Analysts on telephone systems, voice mail, and other adjunct systems.
- Maintains inventory, by location, of all telecommunications network (local/long distance), hardware, cabling, pagers, and cellular phones.
- Tests and updates disaster recovery plans; ensuring adequate availability and capacity for enterprise communications.
- Conducts telecommunications analyses and identifies cost savings opportunities.
- Analyzes quarterly traffic/busy studies for the telephone and voicemail systems/network/ACD groups.
- Assists with the assessment and optimization of hardware, software, and network design through review and analysis of user needs.
- Monitors utilization levels and trends throughout the organization to determine if service levels are being met.
- Conducts feasibility studies for small to moderate projects.
- Coordinates project tasks, ensuring adequate planning and resource allocation.
- Creates, maintains, and updates Communication systems infrastructure diagrams and other documentation.
- Participates in technology roadmap discussions and planning.
M-F, 8-5, after hours and on-call support as needed.