Sr. Cloud Systems Engineer - Relocation Assistance is Available
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at http://www.boomi.com/
A member of the Cloud Operations Team, the Senior Cloud Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining operational solutions to support mission critical business processes and systems. This task requires integrating hardware, processes, methodologies, and software within the customer environment. The Cloud Engineer regularly participates with the customer in the strategic design process and translates business needs into technical systems solutions. They are responsible for the deployment, technical accuracy and completeness of integrated systems designs across Development, Testing, Staging, and Production.
-Translate high growth business requirements and strategies into high scale infrastructure designs, cost models, and forecasts
-Manage existing inventory of systems supporting the R&D business
-Monitor systems and applications and take corrective actions to ensure availability
-Manage backup and recovery solutions of systems
-Perform network and storage administration for local and production environments
-Design and develop deployment and system automation to facilitate the rapid delivery of systems and application updates
-Participate in on-call rotation for local and production environments
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Undergraduate degree in Systems or Network Engineering
- Real world experience managing large scale, enterprise level virtual and cloud environments containing 100's of servers
- A solid understanding of Linux operating system (RHEL preferred), server hardware (x86 based) and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, SSH, NFS)
- Experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting
- Experience configuring, tuning, and maintaining production java web applications.
- Strong knowledge of JVM application and deployment architectures
- Background with Amazon Web Services (AWS) OR Azure OR Rackspace environment
- Familiarity with DevOps and IT Automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- Redhat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and Database administration with MySQL or Postgres is a plus
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a
career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
One Dell Way Round Rock, TX, 78682