Johnson Service Group has an immediate opening for a Sr. Cloud Engineer in Alameda, CA. The successful candidate will work within the client’s high-performance development team that is developing world-class products in patient healthcare.
NO THIRD PARTIES!
This is a great opportunity to design next generation software for a product ecosystem that involves mobile applications, web-based applications, cloud services and desktop applications.
Summary of Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years developing and designing software products, and demonstrated experience with full software development lifecycle, ideally in a regulated industry
- Strong computer science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Fluency in a high-level object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C#, Golang, C++)
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SLDC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience designing and developing scalable, highly available distributed systems / services
- Expertise with services and microservices solution design and delivery covering API design, containerization, and application integration / messaging.
- Expertise with design and delivery of cloud native solutions on any of the major cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Expertise with algorithm development in one or more of the following areas: numerical & statistical analysis, signal processing, image processing, regression, and machine learning.
- Practical experience with SCRUM, SaFe or other applicable agile framework in regulated environments.
- Experience in design, engineering, and testing of software contained in medical devices developed under the FDAs regulations for 510(k) or PMA products is preferred.
- Superior communications skills (oral & written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and effective collaboration
Primary Job Function:
- Works in a lead role in one or more aspects of the overall software development process (such as software design, code development) under a disciplined product development process that meets FDA requirements.
- Works independently on identifying new technologies and creating systems designs for implementation into new product development and process improvements.
- Exercises independent judgment in identifying, recommending and implementing significant and/or complex new tools/process improvements to meet company objectives in areas of new product development, product testing, process improvement and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Readily adjusts priorities and works within team environment for timely completion of common objectives for multiple projects.
- Resolve significant and/or complex technical issues to meet company objectives.
- Technical leadership in cloud services / systems software development (such as software design, code development, design review, code review, and testing) including project scheduling activities.
- Reliably deliver high quality software within schedule constraints.
- Provides technical ownership of software products.
- Actively participates in product development teams for the development of new products and services.
- Interacts with QA engineers to ensure that software products are robust and of very high quality.
- Research technical issues and propose technical approaches that achieve product and quality requirements.
- Participate in the full life cycle of development, from specification and design through implementation, testing, and support.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related engineering or scientific field.
- 10 years relevant experience and a Bachelors degree or 5 yrs with MS degree. Will receive additional 2 years experience credit for PhD.
- Good knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential..
- Excellent troubleshooting skills are a must. Strong debugging techniques and experience on using debugger is required and/or use of testing tools to ensure high level of quality of software product.
- Strong working knowledge of the principles of quality software engineering as described by software lifecycle development processes that are consistent with ISO, IEEE, or other FDA recognized standards.
- Experience w/ distributed computing / services (preferably cloud native) software design and development is highly preferable.