Senior Cloud Network Engineer
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A cloud solutions builder who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Senior Cloud Network Engineer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Operate network and security infrastructure services across large, diverse, enterprise environment
- Manage cloud implementations, upgrades, migrations, and change requests on client cloud environments
- Create, implement, and assist in the development of scripts to automate everyday operations
- Monitor and maintain multiple environments based on client requirements
- Responsible for the configuration, management, troubleshooting, and educating about firewalls, routers, switches, and vulnerabilities
- Lead development teams to build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Mentor and guide junior level resources on the team
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Cloud Engineering Offering focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of Cloud Strategy and Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development & Integration, Cloud Migration, and Cloud Infrastructure & Managed Services. Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility, resilience and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients toward a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions, Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 6+ years of experience with implementation, migrations, and upgrades in the Cloud environment
- In-depth knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, WINS, WAF, load balancing and firewalls
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto or other major vendor offerings such as Juniper and Cisco
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, authentication technologies, AD/LDAP, etc.
- Knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Base understanding of cloud services and infrastructure (VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, EFS, ELB, SG, NACL)
- Working knowledge of Python, Powershell, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or other scripting languages
- Ability to travel 10%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Networking certifications CCIE, CCNP, CCNA preferred