Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
**In addition to Charlotte, NC, we are open to candidates in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Phoenix, AZ markets to work in our offices in those locations. Strong qualified candidates in other US geographic markets will also be given consideration as potential home-based professionals.**
Cybersecurity is a highly dynamic field, requiring ongoing education and exploration. We develop each other by keeping employees current on the latest skill sets through classes, certifications, and conferences. If you are a Cloud Security professional seeking to make an impact in a dynamic field, you will find our Allstate environment to be collaborative, inclusive, and full of growth opportunities. Stepping into this opportunity, you will join the Cloud Security team within Allstate Information Security (AIS). As a Senior Cloud Security Engineer, you ll design and build Cloud Security solutions that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of Cloud infrastructure and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications with the need to protect Allstate against ongoing and potential security threats. Implement the Information Security design for Cloud usage throughout the enterprise, enforce compliance with Security policies, controls and function as a technical security SME on various projects. This critical role requires the ability to synthesize radical ideas, the aptitude to define new security strategies and the tenacity to get the job done Globally.
- Serve as a thought leader, solution visionary and technology expert.
- You will drive Cloud Security Engineering for our Enterprise IT and Business IT teams in both IaaS/ PaaS and SaaS implementations.
- Serve as the primary interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications.
- Lead security and compliance based projects.
- Assist with projects involving cloud, operating systems, applications, and database and security issues and requirements.
- You will be an active member of Design & Build IT projects, steering cloud configurations and services towards industry-leading security with your domain expertise.
- You will actively assess existing cloud implementations, identifying security issues and prioritizing fixes.
- You will engineer and implement new Cloud Security tools to feed our DevOps/SecOps processes to ensure the solvency of cloud compute resources.
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of SecOps operations, to include the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology implementation/refresh operations.
- Understand/ Perform system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to the system using approved software tools and ability to automate.
- Provide mitigation recommendations to reduce identified security risks.
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls.
- Thoroughly understand software installations, systems monitoring and troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
- Thorough understanding of DevOps ideologies and ability to drive and communicate change supporting DevOps/SecOps methodology within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or other related discipline preferred.
- 8+ years IT experience with preferred background as a Security Engineer supporting software architecture development environments.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Chef, and Puppet.
- Experience with common scripting languages (Python, Ruby).
- Strong experience with cloud security strategy, cloud provider ecosystems (Amazon AWS/ Microsoft Azure) & migrating Enterprise from traditional data center Infrastructure, Application and Data designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled practices.
- Familiar with DevOps and Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Possess clear understanding of security protocols and standards and have experience with software and security architectures.
- Demonstrate an ability to bridge technology knowledge gaps between IT staff and corporate staff such as Legal, Compliance and Audit organizations.
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX Windows servers, MS SQL, Oracle MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience understanding protocols, such as, SSL/TLS, CIFS, HTTP/S, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP/S, NFS, SNMP and DNS.
- Experience in networking concepts and services, such as, VPNs, IPsec, PKI and TCP/IP.
- Familiar with high-availability (HA) and failover implementations for network infrastructure and server systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver.
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of, and sometimes ambiguous, requirement.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter
or watch a video
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.