Salary $62,300 to $80,990
Can be Remote
Senior Character Concept Artist
Concept Artists create iconic and memorable designs to draw players into our game for an immersive MMO play experience. The Sr. Character Concept Artist role is designing visual references for characters, creatures, environments, and props that inspire our team and contribute to the unique visual direction of our world.
Reporting directly to the Studio Art Director, you will create mood paintings, color studies, and lighting keys to inform and guide the concept team artists and help them bring the games artistic vision to life. Work directly with the studio art director in design, production to help bring focus to the look and feel of the game.
Playable Worlds offers competitive salaries in the art field. An art test will be required of all selected candidates.
- 7+ years of professional experience as a Concept Artist in games.
- Experience creating high quality drawings and illustrations.
- Experience with 3D software and creating 2D design ideas to be translated into 3D game models.
- MMO game development experience is a must with the ability to concept a variety of characters and creatures for large open, expansive worlds.
- A demonstrated experience making next gen PC or console games.
- The ability to effectively provide good draftsmanship in a timely manner and with a high degree of polish.
- Exceptional understanding of anatomy, and the skill to create compelling character concepts with emotions and feelings.
- An eye for color and detail.
- Mastery of relevant software packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Highly collaborative personality, using your creative energy to inspire and flesh out the vision with others on a team.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, and able to work from our office in San Diego.
- Must have portfolio link on resume, with examples of latest work and accomplishments.
- Three shipped game titles or credits, preferably in a lead role, where you helped oversee the quality, scheduling and implementation of a large portion of the game's conceptual development.
- Experience mentoring a growing team of artists and enjoys the process of helping others grow fundamentally.
- Basic understanding of 3D with experience creating design iterations to be translated into 3D with Maya or ZBrush.
- Experience working with art outsource companies and managing deliverables according to established SOWS.
- Knowledge of agile development practices and tools, such as Jira, Basecamp, Trello, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.