At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with close to fifty percent of our team working from their home office in the United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
The Sr. Content Strategist is responsible for supporting a multi-disciplinary Creative Services team with a transformational approach to digital content strategy, ensuring the delivery of on-time, high quality content which aligns with the agreed upon direction, priorities, and customer expectations. In addition, this position will provide oversight, support, and influence over the content design, information structure, and development strategy initiatives for training curriculum, technical documentation, and video-based learning platforms. These include learning-management systems, Knowledgebases, Online Forms, and Interactive Web Forums.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Champion the team to build high quality content that meets the needs of a global customer and reseller community.
- Work with Creative Services management, User Experience, Product Managers, and other stakeholders, to identify business needs and define requirements for how users consume content.
- Develop content strategies based on company objectives, team objectives, and user needs.
- Effectively present product ideas, strategies, and designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Design, develop, and manage content from both a front-end content design viewpoint and a back-end information architecture viewpoint.
- Organize and structure content so that it can be easily stored, retrieved, shared, and consumed.
- Plan the information architecture and functionality of content delivery platforms.
- Identify gaps in content and recommend new content to enhance customer and reseller learning.
- Create style guides, content guides, and editorial guides.
- Create and maintain prioritized and detailed work reflecting customer and business priorities.
- Validate and review new content features with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Creative Services management to contribute to long-term content roadmaps and overall release planning.
- Structurally-edit and copy-edit training content, technical documentation, and UI copy as needed.
- Support our Marketing and communication plans for company-wide content as needed.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
- 10+ years’ content and/or information architecture experience in web design, technical documentation, instructional design or similar technical role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a content related, design related, or engineering related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to partner with writers, instructional designers, developers, and UX personnel to deliver results in a timely, agile manner.
- Practical experience and clear understanding of modern software development methodologies (preferably in an Agile environment).
- Proficiency in content design and development technologies including modern web standards and interactive training and instructional standards.
- Advanced knowledge of accessibility standards (WCAG, ADA Section 508, etc.) and internationalization best practices for content development and information design.
- Keen ability to copy-edit and structurally-edit content & make content nimble, agile, scalable.
- Skillset to envision how to produce and deliver compelling, inviting, and usable content.
- Ability to prototype and mock-up design ideas.
- Experience with the development of videos, blogs, articles, and task-based instructional content.
- Understanding of developer focused content & the needs of a technical developer audience is a plus.
- Ability to scale processes as well as excellent problem-solving skills.
- Organized and focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills and the ability to think creatively/outside-the-box.
- Excellent communication and planning skills.
- Understanding of the customer experience to deliver the right message.
- Able to offer innovative approaches to communicate company strategy.
- Proven ability to “future proof” content.
- Works well within a team environment.
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, partnership status, caregiver status, age, ancestry, physical, intellectual, learning or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related condition, genetic information, medical condition including medical characteristics, marital or civil union status, familial status, veteran or military status , use of tobacco or other lawful products off premises and during non-working hours, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.