Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description:Job Summary
Our Sr. Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and participate in various phases of automation projects including creating design specifications, software configuration and testing, as well as commissioning and start-up of a variety of high speed and other automated manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will have a track record of proficiency with client relationships, control systems, troubleshooting and high intensity environments . Responsibilities
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 7 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC's, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/food experience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with FactoryTalk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Approximately 20-40% local and regional travel may be required at times to support installation and start-up activities around the Kalamazoo and North Central Region.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.Company:
Design Group US Inc