Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world's leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.Job Description:
- The Sr. Project Manager for Automation Engineering will be responsible for overall project, budget, scope and schedule management of industrial facility - system integration projects. The position will also involve maintaining client relationships through significant customer interaction.
- Lead and manage multiple system integration projects
- Communicate with project stakeholders the progress relative to plan
- Manage project deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Manage cost estimates and budgets.
- Manage site construction and equipment installation
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects
- Work with functional leads in the areas of facility, utility, process, packaging, electrical and controls design.
- Communicate with and build teams across multiple office locations.
- Review designs for manufacturing systems.
- Current building code knowledge.
- Read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- Safety in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Minimum 10+ years of Controls Engineering and Project Management experience involving system integration. High Tech facility design ideal.
- Experience creating and designing automation controls systems (PLC, HMI, SCADA).
- Understanding of instrumentation and controls (I&C).
- Understanding of engineering documentation such as P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Experience with field instrumentation, control system installation and configuration.
- Strong analytical skills and project management experience.
- Working knowledge of licensed engineering services and local jurisdiction permitting protocols is a must.
- Task oriented, results driven and possess measurable leadership experiences.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited school required.
- Professional Engineering license preferred but not required.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.Company: