The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Come join the Aerospace team of system security engineers in the Cyber Engineering Department. We provide leadership, guidance and advice to the US government Space Enterprise in developing and evaluating cybersecurity of information, communication, telecommunication (ICT) systems, and supply chain risk management (SCRM) solutions. We focus on cybersecurity, resiliency, compliance, and managing risk in the space system software- and systems- development life-cycle activities.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Provide security systems engineering assistance to Aerospace Program Offices in support of government customers
- Assist in the process of identifying, assessing, and mitigating the risks associated with Information Technology (IT) product and service supply chains.
- Review Intelligence Community, Department of Defense (DoD), and Federal SCRM guidance and provide updates on SCRM policy and procedures
- Attending system development milestone and technical exchange meetings.
- Write information papers on secure software development and secure system engineering practices
- Review, evaluate, and develop, protection profiles, evaluation methodologies policies, and testable requirements.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend process improvement for secure software development processes.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned as needed
- Identifying opportunities for expanding Aerospace service delivery.
How You Can Stand Out
- BS or advanced degree from an accredited program in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related science or engineering degree.
- 5 or more years of experience in supply chain risk or program management with 12 or more years of industry work experience.
- Possess strong knowledge of NIST SP800-161, NIST SP800-53, DoD SCRM and Program Protection policy and guidance, such as DoD Instruction (DoDI) 4140.01, DoDI 5200.44
- Knowledge of system security engineering required within the various system development lifecycle methodologies (spiral, agile, waterfall, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and concepts related to security, governance, and acquisition
- Experience in space program acquisition and development
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally approx. 10%.
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Possess proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), MS Team, MS Project, applications such as Internet Explorer.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Experience in various system engineering methodologies or emerging technologies, i.e, Model Base Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Cyber Physical Security, etc.
- Possess a current Top Secret security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility
- 5+ years in Supply Chain Risk Management
- Industry recognized Project Management, Cybersecurity and Supply Chain Risk Management certifications
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement