BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description
The Sr. Cyber Security Operations Business Planning & Support Associate will drive continuous improvement and excellence within the Cybersecurity Operations team. The candidate will assist in the development of program documentation and processes to ensure execution against industry standards and frameworks and provide accurate and consistent reporting for Security Operations.Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge & Skills:
- Collaborate with team members in Incident Response, Countermeasures, Forensic Investigations, and Threat intelligence teams to build the program and drive execution
- Serve as the documentation repository owner and create and update policies, processes, standards, procedures, runbooks, etc. and ensure alignment with established industry standards and frameworks
- Collaborate on the writing of post-incident and after-action reports and track opportunities for improvement in lessons learned
- Help build training material and monitor training and development of department team members
- Serve as the team liaison for audits and assessments of the cybersecurity operations program
- Track self-identified issues and coordinate resolution
- Advise and track department contracts, purchases and renewals
- Assist in the creation and tracking of metrics to report on operational effectiveness and drive continuous improvement
- Create, lead, and participate in department training exercises (table top, blue and purple team, etc.)
- Serve as a facilitator of various department meetings, agile project status, and governance boards
- Create and give presentations to report on and promote the cybersecurity operations program to various teams and management
Education & Experience:
- Cybersecurity best practices and trends
- Cybersecurity incident response lifecycle and methods
- Cybersecurity risks and controls
- Cybersecurity frameworks, architectures and methodologies (Defense in depth, Kill-Chain, NIST, OWASP, etc.)
- Cybersecurity metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Document investigation and research findings
- Demonstrate exceptional clear written and verbal communication
- Work well independently without in-person supervision
- Collaborate with team members across separate geographic locations
- Build relationships with individuals across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (cybersecurity, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, accounting etc. ) or commensurate experience in a technical job role
- 3 or more years' experience working in a cyber security or IT security audit or assessor role
- Five or more years' experience working in a cyber security or IT security auditor role
- Master's degree in a cybersecurity or technical field (cybersecurity, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, physics, etc. )
- Experience in the banking or financial industry
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Associate of (ISC)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner+ (CASP+)
- AWS Cloud Certified Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Associate
- AWS Security Specialty
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.