We re looking to add a crucial piece to our amazing team at IMO with a full time salaried benefited Data Engineer/Scientist in Rosemont IL.
Applicants Only, No Recruiters.
Join our growing Software Engineering department as a Data Engineer 2 (Data Scientist) to help design, create, and support high quality solutions that support 80% of US clinicians and build the application of Data Science within IMO.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverages machine learning and data mining techniques
- Combines data extraction, preparation, and cleaning with model training and evaluation
- Designs, develops, and implements programs, processes, and systems to generate actionable insights and drive business decisions
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources
- Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments for a multi-department audience
- Supports organizational decisions with well-understood and actionable insights, models, and artifacts
- Implements advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques, focusing on clear, algorithmic methods, models, and visualizations
- Accesses data from IMO s internal databases and sources, including warehoused and pre-modeled data
- Mentors junior data engineers
- Stays current on data science and analytics tools, techniques, and practices
- Works on an Agile (Scrum) team within IMO Software Engineering
- Follows the Software Engineering department s code and process standards
- Writes clean, reliable, and testable code that supports rapid delivery via CI/CD and automated deployments
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- BS or higher degree in Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or a related field
- A solid understanding of data science, analysis, and software engineering principles
- Demonstrated experience building machine learning models
- Demonstrated experience deploying, maintaining, versioning, and A/B testing machine learning models
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS, including Lambda and infrastructure-as-code
- Strong database skills, in at least one of AWS Redshift, Oracle, SQL Server, or MySql
- Demonstrated expertise using SQL to write complex queries across large volumes of data
- Demonstrated experience and skill developing and deploying full-stack solutions in Python
- Experience with, and the ability to follow, standardized development practices and tools, including TFS/GIT, code standards, and process standards.
- Experience with Octopus Deploy or other CI/CD tools or environments
- Demonstrated proficiency writing unit tests using standard unit test frameworks
- The ability to understand and create process documentation
- Advanced knowledge of statistical techniques, concepts, methods, and approaches, and experience with their application
- Proficiency and comfort using multivariate calculus and linear algebra
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore
- A willingness to ask for help and ability to communicate what you need to do your best work
Nice to have:
- Experience with TensorFlow and TensorFlow Serving
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks
- Experience with Terraform
- Statistical modeling experience using R or Matlab
- Experience using big data frameworks such as Hadoop MapReduce
- Experience designing or maintaining a data warehouse or data marts
- Experience with fact and dimension tables
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Looker or Qlikview
Our Culture Supports You To...
- Take initiative by bringing and developing new ideas
- Embrace failure as a crucial step toward success and an opportunity to learn
- Pair program with fellow team members to develop shared patterns and receive/give mentoring in various languages and tools
- Develop personally and professionally with regular training, workshops, conferences, collaborative initiatives, Hackathons, and R&D projects
- Be valued for your new perspective or depth of experience
Our tech stack:
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift
- CI/CD: TFS, Octopus, Git, Terraform
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Serverless
- Monitoring: New Relic, Cloudwatch, AppInsights, PRTG, Dynatrace
- SCM: Puppet, PowerShell, Cloud Formation
At IMO, a core team of clinicians, software developers and engineers combine computer science and medical expertise to help patients and healthcare professionals access high quality health information quickly and easily to improve total patient health. IMO is a privately held multi-million-dollar corporation enjoying explosive growth. If a challenging, fast paced, energetic work environment appeals to your career interests, do come and join our fast-growing team!
IMO has a casual dress work environment, healthy living initiatives, bonus, Equity Participation Plan, and a strong benefits package including medical/dental /vision; 401K with a history of strong match; competitive PTO and much more. Downtown commuters will enjoy free shuttle service to IMO s Northbrook door step from Metra Station.
Note: Employee may come in contact with ePHI as part of their job responsibilities and he/she would need to follow appropriate IMO policies and procedures applicable under HIPAA regulations.