This position requires an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer with extensive experience in packaging and delivering software to a production environment.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for both divisional and national product deployments and will be responsible for supporting server software installations performed by development, test, and deployment teams.
In addition, the person who fills this role must be well-versed in automating software deployments as much as possible, using such tools as Puppet, Chef, Python, Ansible and so on.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will also perform production support tasks including troubleshooting of system and data issues for both divisional and national systems.
This role will be in direct contact with the Production Engineering support team and be the first line of contact for production issues.
This role may also include administration and support of third party software such as HAProxy, InfluxDB, Grafana, ActiveMQ, and Artemis.
The Senior DevOps Engineer should have an excellent analytical mind, be familiar with technology (inputs, outputs, and processing flows), and be an outstanding communicator.
• Works with developers, testers, and deployment teams to create software deployment plans.
• Writes and updates automated scripts for installation of server software products.
• Configures necessary hardware or virtual machines and operating environments as needed.
• Works with developers and hardware teams to update infrastructure and OS for applications.
• Performs production installations and upgrades of server software products.
• Works with developers and infrastructure teams to install or upgrade third party software.
• Monitors a system’s performance, and reliability as well as the daily data processing,
• Being a competent problem solver who can identify and resolve complex issues as part of a team.
• Mentors less experienced engineers.
• Participates in project-related stand-up meetings.
• Reviews and provides feedback for all external facing user documentation, including on-line help.
• Provides documentation support as necessary
• 5+ years using dynamic scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or Groovy.
• 3+ years using tools for deploying software such as pexpect, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
• 5+ years of experience working on Linux or other Unix systems.
• Experience with software source control tools such as Perforce or GitHub.
• Experience with Linux shell scripting environments such as bash.
• Ability to write clear technical documentation for use by developers and testers.
• Ability to work under limited direction and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Should have a thorough understanding of the Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Should be a leader that can facilitate and build team consensus and interact with both the leadership and the implementation teams.
• Understanding of robust software development processes and software configuration management policies.
• Experience working with agile teams utilizing scrum or kanban
• Experience creating and maintaining virtual machines using VMware or other VM technologies.
• Experience supporting HAProxy, InfluxDB, Grafana, ActiveMQ, Artemis
• Experience with Docker and deploying Docker containers.
• Experience with the Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Confluence, FishEye, and Crucible.
• Some experience with Java programming.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.)
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
8101 E Prentice Ave #1075 Greenwood Village, CO, 80111