SR. DATA ANALYST - CONSUMER DATA STRATEGY & OPERATIONS OVERVIEW:
This is an exciting time to be part of the General Mills' family, as the company is on a journey to revolutionize relationships with consumers. Technology at General Mills accelerates business growth around the globe. To achieve business success, Digital and Technology uses leading edge technology, innovative thinking, and agile processes. One of General Mills' key digital priorities is driving growth through deeper consumer interactions and relationships. This role is key to General Mills' strategy of meeting consumer needs and deepening engagement and loyalty to General Mills brands.
We are seeking a Sr. Data Analyst to join our Consumer Data Strategy and Operations Team. In this role, you will leverage your technical expertise and passion for big data to integrate and establish leading SaaS and analytics solutions that advance consumer data capture & management across mobile and web. You will work closely with the Marketing Engagement Platform (MEP) data development team and Digital Capability peers to understand business objectives and requirements, lead technical design, and ensure rigorous, value-based data solutions across the technology ecosystem. This role requires the ability to manage multiple initiatives and work well with various internal and external partners to bring capabilities to life across a variety of General Mills teams. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define data ingestion and ETL modeling flows for consumer data into the enterprise cloud (EX: Google Cloud Platform) data lake.
- Define data structures and transformation logic for integration, data quality rules, and process flow.
- Maintain high quality solutions with unit and integration tests.
- Design and plan new features in partnership with the data development peers.
- Develop and optimize data pipelines for SaaS solutions (Ex: Salesforce) in service of the Digital Capability roadmap and Brand Experience objectives.
- Enable marketers and operational teams by supporting onboarding and training activities.
- Create and help maintain shared documentation, including data flow diagrams, data management plans, and table documentation.
- Work within an agile framework to deliver against objectives.
- Stay up to date on Marketing Tech solutions landscape to inform and shape the digital capability roadmap.
- BA/BS Degree with 3+ years of consumer and marketing solution experience
- Database experience, including extensive knowledge of SQL (3+ years), and relational data concepts and models
- Experience with dimensional modeling, ETL, and structured and unstructured data
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and solutions, such as Google Cloud Platform
- Exposure to with consuming and interacting with RESTful/SOAP web services
- Adept at working with cross-functional teams (i.e., Brand, Marketing, Privacy, and Legal) and managing dependencies tied to technical product roadmaps
- Experience working in a team using agile development methodologies
- Experience gathering requirements from stakeholders and creating user stories for development
- Self-starter with ability to clearly communicate and execute against strategic initiatives with minimal oversight
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, IT, or related field
- 5+ years of consumer and marketing solution experience, preferably with 2+ years working with and integrating SaaS solutions
- Experience with SaaS solutions such as Salesforce or Shopify
- Exposure to modern Dev Ops and CI/CD practices
- Exposure to data visualization and BI tools
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.