Join a dynamic team of agile professionals supporting a mission critical federal law enforcement effort! Work is conducted on-site with client leading to active agile ownership, buy-in, and collaboration from multi-contractor and government team. Locations are metro accessible and Noblis pays for parking if you decide to drive! Must have Active TS.
* Evaluate and analyze machine data related to user behavior and user experience in a mission-critical application, to inform recommended enhancements and system improvements
* Apply quantitative analysis techniques including, but not limited to, data cleaning, processing, analysis, visualization, and reporting
* Employ data analysis and visualization techniques to support data-driven decision making by Product Manager and Product Teams
* Utilize various software products as tools to organize, analyze, and interpret themes from data sets
* Learn existing system capabilities and user personas of complex system in order to better inform data analytics activities
* Work with application Product Teams (Business Analysts, Developers, Testers) to incorporate improvements in both data collection and system enhancements as a result of analytic outcomes
* Collaborate as member of multi-functional Product Teams
* Support specific analytic requests from Product Managers and Government Management and develop and present briefings
* Develop and present concepts and user stories that support new data collection requirements
* Interact directly with government clients to interpret requests and distill large problems into workable components
* Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, or similar
* Minimum 9 years of experience
* Familiarity with Splunk or other system instrumentation toolset
* Familiarity with database design, functional scripting or domain-specific programming languages
* Adept at Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn a business in order to ensure informed and accurate data analytic queries - asking the "right" questions
* Strong self-organization and self-management skills, with emphasis on self-initiation and follow through
* Familiarity with Agile development practices, agile certification a plus (such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), or PMI - Agile Certified Practitioner)
* Experience with complex system in a fast-paced agile environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well in a mixed team of government personnel and other contractors
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Experience with JIRA or other agile software a plus
* FBI or law enforcement or intelligence experience a plus
Requires Active Top Secret Clearance
Location National Capital Region and FBI HQ
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. Noblis is a nonprofit science, technology, and strategy organization that brings the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise to a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.
Why work at a Noblis company?
We offer employees the opportunity to find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, mission-driven individuals who want to do work that means something and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. We have been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute, as one of the Best Small and Medium Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute, as one of Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Best Places to Work, and as a Top Workplace by The Washington Post. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posted Date: 7/13/2017
Category: Systems Engineering