Job DescriptionWhat you will do:
The Sr. data analyst is responsible for constructing and optimizing our data and data pipeline, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. Incumbent is expected to be experienced as a data builder and a data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data and building them from the ground up. The data analyst will support our software developers, database architects, data-analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. Individual must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives. The incumbent will stage and make the data ready for data science, analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning purposes.
The position is responsible for data analysis, trending & root-cause-identification of customer impacting issues pertaining to customer impacting systems across all the enterprise on all channels for all brands. Individual must be very strong in logical & analytical thinking with experience in SQL, Excel (Lookups/Pivots), dashboards and reporting with attention to detail. Ability to understand data patterns from large sets of structured and unstructured data. Monitor success & failure rates on all channels for all key provisioning process such as activation, Reactivation, purchases, redemptions, ports and upgrades. Individual must be able to work well with others in a team environment and across departments. The incumbent should mentor junior staff in business knowledge and technical skills.Responsibilities:
- Build data streams to ingest, load, transform, group, logically join and assemble data ready for data analysis / analytics/ reporting / next best action / next-best-offer, build data streams to ingest, load, transform, group, logically join and assemble data ready for data analysis / analytics/ reporting / next best action / next best offer.
- Pipeline data using SQL/Excel as well as creating dashboards, reports.
- Maintain knowledge and proficiency of current and upcoming hardware/software technologies. Mentor junior staff in ramping up analytical and technical skills.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of Excel (Lookups and Pivots) and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of building dashboards and reports (Tableau exp. is a +)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as being techno-functional
- Must be able to coordinate with different teams/good verbal and written communication