CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Sr. Data Architect to join the team to define and execute the digital data strategy in today's data-driven world. As a Data Architect SME, you will work closely with other team members to set the data strategy direction across the enterprise and ensuring that project and program architecture aligns to this vision by working with stakeholders to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information and information technology assets with a focus on cybersecurity. You will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products. The ideal candidate should have solid understanding of the federal data market, customer adoption of digital data, digital data trends, deep expertise with data management technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise and promote sharing, reuse, ROI to reduce overall cost and improve information flow. The role requires the candidate to be a hands-on data architect with experience in all phases of the SDLC.
• Support the identification, qualification and pursuit of cybersecurity opportunities in the federal civilian market with an emphasis on DHS and the IC.
• Lead the development of unique solutions that will meet client needs with the opportunity to evolve and innovate to adapt to changing policies, requirements and emerging needs.
• Working with Senior Executives and Clients to convey digital strategy as it pertains to information and data architecture by conducting collaborative workshops, consulting, reporting and creating pertinent deliverables.
• Perform a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
• Develop and help institute best practices, methodologies and standards with regards to Master Data Management (MDM), Data Dictionary, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Structure, Data Architecture and Data Security.
• Develop overall strategic data architecture direction and provides a comprehensive road map
• Work with Solution Architects, domain experts and other project team members to develop consensual data architecture and data design to ensure the proposed solution meets both client and end user needs.
• Serve as steward of Enterprise Data Lifecycle Management, including data quality, data conversion, and data security technologies.
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, ship is required.
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of overall experience.
• 7+ years of experience with data analytics strategy, data governance and data policy.
• Experience with developing solutions using advanced data visualization tools and languages.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures. Familiarity/Experience with Federal Government Architectural Frameworks (e.g., DODAF) and generating formal Architectural views, models, designs and artifacts.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
• Coordinates with Data Engineers to build data environments providing data identified by Data Analysts, Data Integrators, Knowledge Managers and Intel Analysts.
• Develops methodology and processes for prioritization and scheduling of projects.
• Analyzes problems and determines root causes.
• Proven to be able to design and implement methods for detecting incidents and potential indicators of compromise through network traffic aggregation and analysis.
• Ability to brief complex information to senior leadership.
• Experience with developing and reviewing final reports, deliverables and presentations on complex analytical topics for national security programs
• Ability to communicate clearly, prioritize tasks and balance workloads across a team and identify risks in a timely manner.
• Ability to articulate complex technical challenges and solutions to a variety of stakeholders.
• CISSP certification.
• Experience with National Information Exchange Model (NIEM).
• BS or MS degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics or related field.
• Experience working with large-scale data sets.
• Experience producing data visualizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Active TS/SCI desired.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.